On my system (Debian 8.3) I was using Drush 9.0-dev (I know, you should never use a dev version in production but I did this before I knew any better). To make a long story short I tried to change my drush version to the latest (at this time 8.1.13). I researched what I needed to do to make this change but nothing worked. I ended up having to remove (rename the syslink) and then installed the version I wanted with composer.
If you read my previous post I mentioned that Drupal v7.50 has it's apparent difficulties. I spoke of the issue of the consequences of physically uninstalling modules without removing them from the database. Now I will talk some about the other error that surfaces with the upgrade to Drupal 7.50.
Funny thing happened with Drupal 7.50, errors started appearing that I had no clue about. It started telling me about modules not being where they were supposed to be and about a utf-8 not being enabled.
I was immediately frustrated by this. All I wished to do was a "simple" upgrade and I'm getting hit with problems. I abandoned what I was doing and went into hiding. I have been doing drupal for coming on my 3rd year, and it seems like everytime I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things something happens and it makes me feel like I'm back to being a beginner.
In my previous post i mentioned taking notes on how I'm building my new LNMP stack to support my Drupal 8 sites. Below are those notes. I noted the commands used as well as a few links to get more info for some of the functionality.
# After installing Debian 8.3
# Update Repository
# install Nginx & Mariadb
apt-get install nginx mariadb-server mariadb-client
# Edit Source list for php7 repositories
I have been a bit distracted the last couple of months. As they say, "time flies when you're having fun," and that has been the case for me. I have been to busy with things to remember to come back here and write about my experiences. I have had the distiction of starting my first colaborative Drupal project during the last month and a half. I have been teamed with another developer on a simple Drupal site, not very complicated, and not very lucrative financially, but it's value is more with training and learning to use some of the tools Drupalers use for projects, collaboration and site version control. This is something that has not been covered in my limited Drupal experience.
These tools are such things as