If you read my previous post I mentioned that Drupal v7.50 has it's apparent difficulties. I spoke of the issue of the consequences of physically uninstalling modules without removing them from the database. Now I will talk some about the other error that surfaces with the upgrade to Drupal 7.50.
Funny thing happened with Drupal 7.50, errors started appearing that I had no clue about. It started telling me about modules not being where they were supposed to be and about a utf-8 not being enabled.
I was immediately frustrated by this. All I wished to do was a "simple" upgrade and I'm getting hit with problems. I abandoned what I was doing and went into hiding. I have been doing drupal for coming on my 3rd year, and it seems like everytime I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things something happens and it makes me feel like I'm back to being a beginner.
In my previous post i mentioned taking notes on how I'm building my new LNMP stack to support my Drupal 8 sites. Below are those notes. I noted the commands used as well as a few links to get more info for some of the functionality.
# After installing Debian 8.3
# Update Repository
# install Nginx & Mariadb
apt-get install nginx mariadb-server mariadb-client
# Edit Source list for php7 repositories
Yes, I know it's been a while. I can now say I'm a professional Drupaler now. I'm working with a guy I met at the Fox Valley Meetup. I'm doing a lot of PC/Server?Networking for him as well as some Drupal so I am now paid to do Drupal. He also has several Web Based Services that he offers through his business so I am also dusting off the limited experience I have had with PHP to start cleaning up some of the code he has written in preparation to rewrite some of it.
Over the last couple of weeks I have started playing with Drupal 8. So far it's been a pleasant experience (surprisingly) though originally I had issues with getting it installed. I tried using drush dl but it would not work (when used it would only download the latest version of Drupal 7). Turns out Drush 6 (the version I was currently at) does not support Drupal 8. Inorder to run Drush with Drupal 8 we have to upgrade Drush to version 7.